Friday, February 6, 2009

Been a Busy Mommy

G had his 4 month check-up yesterday (he's a little over 4 months but I didn't want him to get vaccinations while he had a cold). He's 15 pounds 9 ounces, over a pound heavier than Ella was at 4 months. He cried getting his shots, not even nursing during them helped much this time, but after a few minutes he was back to smiling at me. They've had a lasting effect into today however.. low-grade fever and generally cranky and miserable. Sometimes I question my decision to vaccinate on schedule in the early months (I only delay MMR and Varicella later on). It just seems like a lot for a tiny little baby to handle... maybe my decision will change for the next baby.


Project-wise, I've been busy finishing up a gift for my friend's baby shower (can't share those pics until after the fact!), making some crib sheets and I'm about to make a sheet set for my daughter's toddler bed. The toddler bed uses a crib mattress, so it's hard to find cute sheets for it... crib sets don't come with pillowcases and a top sheet (generally).


Here's the tutorial I used for the fitted sheets... it couldn't be easier and you have so many adorable prints to choose from! http://www.make-baby-stuff.com/crib-sheet-pattern.html


Chillin' on his new flannel sheet...

Made some matching teething toys from the corner scraps and stuffed them with my bits of scrap fabric I can never bring myself to throw out...



2 comments:

  1. I can't seem to throw out scrap fabric either...I should make some toys too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMFSM. This is perfect. I can't wait to try. :)

    ReplyDelete